Friday, December 31, 2010

Flashback Friday - Year Closeout

Sorry for the lack of posting, but with all the eating, sleeping, travelling and hard drive crashes going on, I've been occupied. (My G.A.Y. Award will be coming out next week.)

But I couldn't close out the year without acknowledging the losses that have occurred in 2010. And if you were hoping that the music world could get away unscathed in the last week, you were mistaken.

If anything, both 2009 and 2010 have reminded me that I'm getting older and the folks who entertained me in my youth aren't immune to age, either. Making sure I witness these personal faves of mine perform at least once has become a mission, of sorts, for me.

Two artists that passed this week weren't necessarily on my list but they still carried major weight in their respective spheres.

With that, RIP Teena Marie and Billy Taylor.



No comments: